It's getting cold where I live. As if it isn't always. I live by the coast to the hottest it gets here is about 80 degrees at the weirdest times of year. This year it was February. In the middle of February, we had a heat wave. It was 85 degrees and the hottest its been all year. I went to the beach with my friends and so did everyone else. I swam in the ocean without a wetsuit, dove under the waves. That's my perfect summer day. In February.
It is currently 64 degrees while I type this and the leaves on the tree outside my window are turning orange. The funny part is that it was colder in July. I was wearing hoodies in my room and commuting to work with a jacket on, taking it off to wear my tank top halfway through the day when the sun finally came out.
We don't get seasons in California. That is my one and only gripe with it. Sometimes I wish for the seasons on the east coast, the ones that make sense. Here the only changes that stay the same each year is when the sun sets and rises.
Much like all of life, you learn to love it. I love the random heat waves exactly when I need them, breaking up the cool weather and seeing everyone gather on the beach. My closet is year round, no need to change it for summer or winter because each week is different. Talking about the weather is actually perfect small talk, it is so unpredictable.
It feels like fall right now but I know that in a couple days i'll be on a boat in a lake with beautiful warm weather, and it will be summer again. Then I will return to the city and fall will return.
85 in feb!!!! insane! wish it was cooler in ga right about now :3
ReplyDeleteomg i get u, i hate california cuz of how dry it is i feel like im about to go bald
ReplyDelete